Use this page to register for day one of the Institute.
Click here to register for both days.
Click here to register for day two only.
Valuable programming provides:
- Information on the Public Access Policy—a new requirement to keep information confidential in all
Pennsylvania court filings — going into effect January 2018
- Strategies to reduce your risk of exposure to cyber attacks Updates on the Fair Labor Standards Act, corporate compliance and the Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act
- So much more
Networking and educational opportunities galore!
- Design your own program—multiple workshop choices every hour
- Network with your colleagues—ample time for socializing and discussion
- Receive updates on critical information impacting your practice area—from corporate governance to employment law, cutting-edge technology, international law and intellectual property
Day One - Tues., November 14, 2017
8:45 – 9:00
- Welcome, CLE Information & Presentation of W. Edward Sell Business Lawyer Award
9:00 – 10:00
- 1. Ed Sell Memorial Lecture: Where Was the Board? Where Were the Lawyers? Averting and Responding to Legal Ethical Crises in Multi-National Enterprises (ETHICS)
10:00 – 10:15 Break
10:15 – 11:15 Breakout Sessions
- 2. 2017 Employment and Labor Law Update and 2018 Forecast
- 3. How to Use the Differences between Trade Secret and Patents
- 4. Privacy and Data Security in M&A and Vendor Management
11:15 – 11:30 Break
11:30 – 12:30 Breakout Sessions
- 5. A New Requirement to Keep Confidential Information Confidential in Court Filings
Mr. Price and Mr. Siegel
- 6. Lessons Learned: Corporate Compliance Headlines in 2017
Ms. Brotman and Ms. Cassidy
- 7. Best Practices in Diversity and Inclusion (ETHICS)
Ms. Isaacs-Blundin and Mr. Lowenberg
12:30 – 1:15 Networking Lunch
1:15 – 2:15 Breakout Sessions
- 8. Fair Labor Standards Act: Where Are We Now?
- 9. Negotiating Software Licenses
Mr. Ecker and Mr. Foxman
- 10. Mediation in Business to Business Disputes
2:15 – 2:30 Break
2:30 – 3:30 Breakout Sessions
- 11. Drafting Organizational Documents
- 12. Managing Third-Party Supply Chain Risks
- 13. Peacemaking in the Workplace: Mediation and Collaborative Services in the Workplace
Mr. Fitzsimons and Ms. Zacks-Gabriel
3:30 – 3:45 Break
3:45 – 4:45 Breakout Sessions
- 14. Reducing and Eliminating Exposure to Cyber-Liability
- 15. Mastering the Three R’s: Ratings, Rankings and Reviews—Better Lawyering through Mindfulness (ETHICS)
Workshop choices will determine whether credits are in substantive law, practice and procedure or ethics.
One copy of the course materials is included for the day(s) of your registration. When registering, specify whether you wish to receive the materials on a USB drive or as a printed version. You will not be able to change your selection at the program site; however, you do have the option of purchasing an additional copy (either printed copy or USB drive) for $50.00. To make your selection (printed copy or USB drive) you must contact PBI customer service at 1-800-932-4637. If no preference is specified, you will receive the USB drive.
November 14, 2017
8:45 am - 4:45 pm