Whistleblower litigation is emerging as a rapidly growing area of the law, with new developments almost on a daily basis.
Explore the legal, practical and ethical issues that a whistleblower discovers illegal and otherwise illegal and improper practices in the workplace.
A diverse panel of experienced practitioners will discuss:
- Strategies for litigation under the federal False Claims Act and other similar state statutes
- IRS and SEC programs that reward an informant based upon the amounts recovered on account of the information provided
- Whistleblower protections against firing, discipline, or other retaliation under:
- The Pennsylvania Whistleblower Law and other states' laws
- Federal workplace protections, including those under the False Claims Act, the 2013 Defense Authorization Act, and other federal whistleblower protection statutes covering a wide range of industry sectors
- The lawyer (in house counsel and otherwise) as whistleblower
- The whistleblower's use of otherwise confidential documents
- Negotiating settlement of whistleblower-retaliation claims
Course Planner: Anthony J. Bolognese, Esq., David J. Caputo, Esq.
- Course Book (2017-9958) — $69
- Podcast with credit — $249
- Podcast no credit — FREE
- On-demand video with credit — $249
- On-demand video no credit — FREE
If you are ordering course materials separately, please allow two weeks after the program for shipment, and include $8.00 shipping and handling & 6% Pa. sales tax on all orders. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for availability of podcasts and on-demand video.
November 07, 2017 9:00 AM Eastern
4 hours, 15 minutes
Paralegal Attending w/ Attorney Price:
Paralegal Attending Alone Price:
Judicial Law Clerk (admitted after 1/1/13) Price:
Judicial Law Clerk Price:
Member (admitted after 1/1/13) Price:
Member (PBA or County Bar Assn) Price:
Substantive Credits: 3.00
Ethics Credits: 1.00
You may pick a location after you click Add to Basket
- Attend In-Person
- The CLE Conference Center Wanamaker Bldg., 10th FL, Ste. 1010 Juniper Street Entrance Philadelphia PA 19107
- Bar Association of Lehigh County 1114 Walnut Street Allentown PA 18102
- Chester County Bar Association 15 W. Gay Street West Chester PA 19380
- King's College Sheehy-Farmer Campus Ctr. Lane's Lane Wilkes-Barre PA 18711
- LaSalle University Montgomery County Center 4000 Chemical Rd. Plymouth Meeting PA 19462
- Montgomery Bar Association 100 W. Airy Street Norristown PA 19404
- PBI Conference Center 5080 Ritter Road Mechanicsburg PA 17055
- PBI Professional Development Conference Center Heinz 57 Center 339 Sixth Ave., 7th Fl. Pittsburgh PA 15222
- Westmoreland County Bar Association 129 N. Pennsylvania Avenue Greensburg PA 15601
This product is no longer available for purchase.