Selinsgrove has been cancelled due to inclement weather.
Celebrate Sunshine Week in 2017 with PBI
Ensuring access to open meetings is a key function of government. As part of PBI’s Making Good Government Better series, our program on the PA Sunshine Act offers an in-depth look at the requirements of the law, how those requirements have been interpreted by the courts, and what the best practices are for agencies subject to the Act’s mandate. Whether you are a solicitor to an agency, or an official responsible for implementing an agency's public meetings, this is a program you will not want to miss.
Learn the Nuts and Bolts of the PA Sunshine Act
- Understand the basic components of the Act, including key terms, what the Act covers, its procedural requirements, as well as what penalties could be imposed for noncompliance
- Learn how to hold a proper Executive Session and what is and is not appropriate for discussion during that session
- Know what corrective action an agency should take when the Sunshine Act is violated and what remedies are available to the public
- Discuss the intersection of Pennsylvania’s Right to Know Law and the Sunshine Act
Avoid Common Agency Pitfalls and Hear about Agency Best Practices
- Discuss issues commonly presented to agencies related to public comments, handling objections during the meeting, and use of recording devices, among others
- Pick up sample forms, including those concerning meeting notices and agendas, used by agencies from around the Commonwealth
- Identify tips for maintaining a good relationship with the public and communicating efficiently and effectively with them
Course Planners: Erik Arneson, Paula Knudsen Burke, Esq., Scott E. Coburn, Esq., Teri L. Henning, Esq., Terry L. Mutchler, Esq.
- Course Book (2017-9411A) — $49
- Podcast with credit — $249
- Podcast no credit — FREE
- On-demand video with credit — $249
- On-demand video no credit — FREE
If you are ordering course materials separately, please allow two weeks after the program for shipment, and include $8.00 shipping and handling & 6% Pa. sales tax on all orders. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for availability of podcasts and on-demand video.
March 15, 2017 1:00 PM Eastern
3 hours, 15 minutes
Paralegal Attending w/ Attorney Price:
Paralegal Attending Alone Price:
Judicial Law Clerk (admitted after 1/1/13) Price:
Judicial Law Clerk Price:
Member (admitted after 1/1/13) Price:
Member (PBA or County Bar Assn) Price:
Substantive Credits: 3.00
You may pick a location after you click Add to Basket
- Attend In-Person
- PBI Conference Center 5080 Ritter Road Mechanicsburg PA 17055
- Butler County Bar Association 240 S. Main Street Butler PA 16001
- Centre Co. Bar Association Eugene Lederer Bar Center 192 Match Factory Place Bellefonte PA 16823
- Economic Progress Alliance Conference Center William J Douglass Jr. Corp. Conf. Center 764 Bessemer Street Meadville PA 16335
- LaSalle University Montgomery County Center 4000 Chemical Rd. Plymouth Meeting PA 19462
- Lebanon County Bar Association 547 South Tenth St. Lebanon PA 17042
- Montgomery Bar Association 100 W. Airy Street Norristown PA 19404
- PBI Professional Development Conference Center Heinz 57 Center 339 Sixth Ave., 7th Fl. Pittsburgh PA 15222
- Penn State Cooperative Ext. of Lawrence Co. Lawrence County Courthouse 430 Court Street New Castle PA 16101
- The CLE Conference Center Wanamaker Bldg., 10th FL, Ste. 1010 Juniper Street Entrance Philadelphia PA 19107
This product is no longer available for purchase.