Twenty Years of Excellence
PBI is proud to present our 20th Annual Bankruptcy Institute – offered with unique focus for each of the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania. Each year this program receives rave reviews for its wide array of topics for both consumer and commercial practitioners.
Outstanding topics, speakers, and updates on recent developments in bankruptcy law
- Hear from bankruptcy judges, representatives of the U.S. Trustee’s office, as well as Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 Trustees, consumer, commercial and creditor attorneys and other professionals.
- Be updated on the Top Commercial and Top Consumer Cases of the Year.
A must-attend Institute
- Individual workshops let you customize this seminar to your practice needs by selecting the topics of interest to you. Something for everyone!
- A great opportunity to network with bankruptcy judges, trustees, and other bankruptcy practitioners.
- Get a course book that will be your “go-to” reference.
- Enjoy lunch with your colleagues
- Earn ethics credit!
Learn about these topics and more
- Taxes in bankruptcy
- The latest on student loans
- Real estate issues for consumer and commercial practitioners
- Getting paid in bankruptcy
- *Top Consumer Cases of the Year – Lightning Round
- Top Commercial Cases of the Year – Lightning Round
- The Basics of Chapter 7 (including Means Testing)
- An Update on Student Loans – When Can You Discharge, Restructure or Consolidate?
- *Getting Paid in Bankruptcy
- What Every Commercial Lawyer Needs to Know about Consumer Practice
- Essential of Chapter 13 Practice
- *Real Estate Issues in Consumer Cases - including Zombie Foreclosures, Mortgage Modification and Lien Stripping
- What Every Chapter 11 Practitioner Needs to Know about Representing Nonprofits (Philadelphia Only)
- *Top 10 Tax Issues Lawyers Face When Filing Personal Bankruptcies for Small Business Owners or Consumer Debtors
- Closing the Case – What Happens and How Does Your Client Emerge? (not offered in Mechanicsburg)
- The Future Relevance of Chapter 11
- Real Estate in Commercial Cases – Displacement of Tenants, Lien Stripping
- *Ethics Potpourri – Examine Hot Issues through Hypotheticals
- Attorneys and Social Media
- Fee Petitions
- Special Issues for Low-Income Debtors
- Fee Sharing and Attorney Charging Liens
- Disability of Counsel/Retirement and Sale of Practice Issues
*Topics with an asterisk to be simulcast to Wilkes-Barre from Mechanicsburg for the Middle District Bankruptcy Institute on September 16, 2015
This Institute has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 6 hours of CLE credit. Workshop choices will determine whether credits are in substantive law, practice and procedure or ethics, professionalism or substance abuse.
Course Planners: Hon. Eric L. Frank, Hon. Mary D. France, Hon. Gregory L. Taddonio, Anne M. Aaronson, Esq., Catherine T. Martin, Esq., Lawrence V. Young, Esq., Andrew L. Spivack, Esq., George T. Snyder, Esq.
Course Book (2015-8819) — $139
Audio CD (ACD-8819) — $39
Audio CD & Book Set (ACDS-8819) — 169
To order course materials, please call PBI`s Customer Service Department at 1-800-247-4724.
If you are ordering course materials separately, please allow two weeks after the program for the shipment of books and 4 to 6 weeks for shipment of the CDs and book/CD sets. Include $8.00 shipping and handling & 6% Pa. Sales tax on all orders.
September 16, 2015 9:00 AM Eastern
Substantive Credits: 5.00
Ethics Credits: 1.00
You may pick a location after you click Add to Basket
- Attend In-Person
- PBI Conference Center 5080 Ritter Road Mechanicsburg PA 17055
- King's College Sheehy-Farmer Campus Ctr. Lane's Lane Wilkes-Barre PA 18711
This product is no longer available for purchase.