Join us to stay up-to-date on any changes in employment law
This new program assembles 6 one-hour topics from the 22nd Annual Employment Law Institute in one information-packed day.
- Examine what to include and what not to include in an employee handbook, including what to do based on the NLRB guidance.
- Gain practical tips on critical evidentiary disputes, including issues of damage offsets, after-acquired evidence, admissibility of experts on damages or injuries, employee-character evidence, “me-too” evidence of other employee allegations, performance documentation from a current or subsequent employer, and other hotly contested evidentiary matters.
- Take away a practical checklist to assist with drafting enforceable restrictive covenants.
- Explore many of the issues surrounding attorneys’ personal and professional use of social media with direct reference to the Pennsylvania Rules of Professional Responsibility.
- Discover the mistakes in handling leaves that will almost certainly result in a company being sued, including failing to reinstate an employee following a leave; firing an employee who fails to return from FMLA leave; terminating an employee who is deemed “permanently disabled” under workers’ compensation laws; and changing an employee’s job duties while he/she is away on leave.
- Review the most recent Title VII cases that impact harassment law and probe some assumptions about the root causes of workplace harassment.
Take away solutions for tackling today’s tough workplace problems
We have brought together an unparalleled panel of speakers equipped to provide you with the updates and break down the critical information. They will address the real implications of why these changes matter for you and your clients.
PBI is please to cosponsor this program with the PBA Labor and Employment Law Section
To order course materials, please call PBI`s Customer Service Department at 1-800-247-4724.
If you are ordering course materials separately, please allow two weeks after the program for the shipment of books and 4 to 6 weeks for shipment of the CDs and book/CD sets. Include $8.00 shipping and handling & 6% Pa. Sales tax on all orders.