Attend the premier education event for parent and child attorneys, school district attorneys, hearing officers and advocates
Connect: learn, exchange, and share the passion with other special education professionals and create exceptional education opportunities for exceptional children!
More than a dozen workshops, exposure to leading counsel, and phenomenal networking!
Today’s most critical issues are explored by attorneys and professionals who practice in this area every day. Bring your questions and your business cards—there is no better way to meet and connect with others who also practice in this area!
Are you a parent of a child with exceptionalities?
The ECC offers you first rate instruction for advocating for your child, contact with some of the state’s most experienced legal practitioners, and exceptional opportunities to meet and compare notes with other parents.
Gain a balanced perspective on all issues
Most of the sessions are team-taught by a balanced panel of school district and parent/child attorneys. Gain the competitive advantage by hearing how a case is handled from both sides of the “v”!
What’s in it for you?
Gathering ground for:
- Hearing officers
- Advocates representing children, families, and school districts
- School administrators and teachers
- Anyone who wants to learn more about educational rights for children
This event puts you in the hot seat: learn, network, exchange, debate!
9:40 – 10:40
- Special Education and Charter Schools
- Intro to Special Education Law
- Panel Discussion with Hon. Matthew W. Brann
- Special Education Series: Identification and Evaluation Process
10:50 – 11:50
- Comprehensive Review of Notice Requirements
- Supreme Court Case Review
- Pro Se Parents Session
- Special Education Series:: Developing the IEP
11:50 – 12:35 Luncheon
12:35 – 2:05 Year in Review
2:20 – 3:20
- Social Skills for Children with Disabilities
- How to prove compensatory education Reid or MC after GL
- Discipline/School Refusal/Bullying
- Special Education Series:: Placement
3:30 – 4:30
- Ethical Considerations in Special Education Law
- Great Expectations: Steps to Maximizing Transitional Success
- Custody in Special Education
- Special Education Series: Remedies
Workshop choices will determine whether credits are in substantive law, practice and procedure or ethics.
Course Planners: Liliana Yazno-Bartle, Esq., Thomas C. Warner, Esq.
Program Sponsor: PBA Legal Services for Exceptional Children Committee