Writing to Win
Do you know what your writings are really saying to your clients and peers? Understanding the law is one thing, but knowing how to communicate it in a meaningful way is another. Being unclear in communication can cause costly errors and disastrous effects in the cases you handle.
In Writing to Win, Steve Stark provides you with the tools you need to successfully write in today’s legal environment.
- The do’s and don’ts of legal prose
- How to write and edit more efficiently
- How to apply storytelling to your writing
- How studying advertisements can help your arguments
- Ethical issues relevant to legal writing - RPC1.1 (Competence); 1.3 (Diligence); 1.4 (Communication); 3.1 (Meritorious Claims and Contentions)
Speaking to Win
Be your best in the courtroom, boardroom and classroom. Whether you are called upon to give legislative testimony, a presentation to clients, or comments to the press, you'll come to understand what makes a great speaker effective, and discover how to use those techniques yourself.
This multi-media, multi-disciplinary program includes fun, practical, improvisational exercises - to be done in class and then at home - designed to improve your skills and conquer anxiety.
- How to write a speech or testimony to get your message across
- How to use humor to your advantage
- How to respond to questions without hesitation, and improve your delivery
- How to deal with a hostile or indifferent audience
- Relevant ethical issues - RPCs 3.3 (Candor towards the Tribinal); 3.4 (Fairness to opposing party); 3.5 (Impartiality, and decorum of a trial); 4.1 (Truthfulness in statements to Other); 4.2 (Communication with persons represented by counsel.
What your colleagues are saying about Steve Stark
- Best CLE I’ve attended in 18 years in the Bar!
- Effective presentation, great preparation and examples, great job of involving audience!
- Will recommend this program for entire office.
- Stark was informative, engaging and kept
a great pace.
- Obviously, Mr. Stark practices what he preaches!
Ethics information has been integrated throughout this program. To receive ethics credit, you must attend the entire course.
One copy of the course materials is included in your registration. These materials are not available for separate purchase.